Sunday, January 28, 2018

Killer Rain

How Would You Survive?


Dear Readers,

There are not many books that I have read that have actually made me feel a little "nervous". I have read books that make me gasp at the end because I never saw it coming or reflect on the future and what our world might look like. I am a vivacious reader who loves to get get lost in the past, thrown into the future or dumped into a crime that needs to be solved.


Recently, I read the Young Adult novel H2O by Virginia Bergin and was left pondering the clouds as I looked outside, listening to the rain a little differently as I heard it against the windows and considered puddles as I walked outside.

I have read about science and technology, zombies and aliens, apocalypses and totalitarian governments. I have read about scientists manipulating the environment and trying to rebuild the human form. H2O really made me think like no book has in a long time.


As my colleagues and I were going through the Dystopian Book Clubs by TCRWP (part of the Reading Units of Study) we kept going back to that plot line and central idea. It really helped facilitate some great discussion and thinking.

If you love science fiction, I would highly recommend it! See below for other titles from the sci-fi genre that I have enjoyed. Of course there are so many options! Happy Reading!

Warmly,
Teresa

Divergent Series
Hunger Games Series
Maze Runner Series
Uglies Series
Matched Series
The Selection Series
Life as We Knew It
Fuzzy Mud
5 to 1
Legend
Under Their Skin, In Over Their Heads
Children of Exile, Children of Refuge
H2O, The Storm
5th Wave Series
The Eleventh Plague











No comments:

Post a Comment