Monday, March 30, 2020

Introverts Are Struggling Too

What I Miss....


Dear Readers,

I have always considered myself a more introverted personality. I enjoy my independent, quiet, alone time. However, even I am struggling during this time of social distancing. Some things I miss, that I used to do by myself, are.....

  • Going to the library.
  • Going to Barnes and Noble.
  • Getting coffee.
  • Making a stop at At Home.
  • Running into The Loft.

These are difficult times for all of us in different ways. I am constantly reminding myself.....

  • Be kind to yourself.
  • Be patient with yourself.
  • Step away from the news and social media as needed.
  • Get rest.
  • Eat healthy.
  • Exercise.
  • Read.
  • Connect with others via phone calls, texting, Twitter, FB or GHOs.
  • Participate in chats. Try some new ones!

I give myself permission to.......

  • Grieve. I am missing going to work every day and being in my classroom. It's okay to feel sad.
  • Do nothing at all. Sometimes it feels so overwhelming, I just don't want to do anything.

But I also give myself permission to..........

  • Be happy that I am safe and healthy right now.
  • Know that this will pass.
  • Be thankful that my family and friends are safe and healthy.

I hope you are all finding your "new norm" and staying safe and healthy. To all our essential workers, thank you, my prayers are with you. 

Warmly,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment