Sunday, November 15, 2015

Letter of Appreciation to My Students

Dear Readers,

Early last week, someone shared some devastating news with me. It made me reflect on life and how anything can change in a moment's notice. I had been dropping anchors for approximately two weeks and received tremendously, positive feedback from my students. 

As a result, I wrote this letter to my 8th grade Language & Literature Class. I wanted to express my appreciation and respect for them, not only as my students, but as individuals who will grow up to be tomorrow's leaders, innovators, problem solvers, etc.

Sadly, just five days after writing this letter, the tragedy in Paris occurred.  It has made me once again realize how important communication with those around us is. Tell your students and/or staff how important they are, how much you appreciate them and what they bring to your life. We never know what tomorrow may bring so we must cherish today.

Warmly,
Teresa

Letter to my Students 

Dear 8th Graders,

I wanted to take a moment to tell you that I appreciate each and every one of you.

  • You make me laugh.
  • You brighten my days.
  • You teach me something new almost every day.
  • You have wonderful ideas.
  • You all have your own unique gifts and talents that make you YOU.
  • You can grow up to be ANYTHING you want to be. Reach for the stars!

It is a joy being your teacher!

Warmly,
Ms. Gross
Full Red Gerber Daisy | Flickr

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. With your permission I am going to "honorably borrow" this terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. With your permission I am going to "honorably borrow" this terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete