Saturday, March 4, 2017

Our Purpose in Life

Living a Purposeful & Meaningful Life


Dear Readers,


A student highly recommended I read this book. My first question was:

"Does the dog die?"

"Yes, but he comes back to life!"

I believe it has been made into a movie, but to be brutally honest know nothing about the movie, I have not seen any trailors nor has anyone really talked about it with me. For this I am extremely grateful because I like to read the books first and then make a decision about the film version.

What is our purpose in life?

As I was reading, I couldn't help but think about having a purpose in life. I firmly believe everything in our life happens for a reason. Events, people, good times and bad are all connected in a way we may not understand until much later. Each of us was put here for a specific reason, although we may not know what it is. 

I truly believe that my main purpose is to be a teacher and learner, whether it be for students, adults, people in education, outside of education, etc. My love and passion for reading, writing, aquiring knowledge and educating others is what makes me ME. It is in every fiber of my being. It is what I am meant to do.

While some poeple set goals and think about where they want to be in the future, I live very much in the present moment. As a result of that, I really pay close attention to what is happening in my world including the people I meet, events that take place, the joys and sorrows. I am always making connections, seeing how the puzzle of my life fits together.

Not wanting to give too much away, the connections in the book were so insightful and meaningful. It really made me pause.

Living a Meaningful Life

In the book, the character realizes what he/she learns in one life prepares him/her for what he/she will encounter in his/her new life. 

After experiencing so much at such a young age, I often confront my life with what is this preparing me for? How will I use this in the future? As I reflect and look back on my life, I see the connections and how everything fell into place as exactly as it was supposed to, even if I did not know it at the time. 

Having experienced tremendous loss in different ways, I know the future can be uncertain. As I get older, I try and make my actions, words and choices meaningful in that they touch both me and others in a positive way.

Spreading Positivity

One of the greatest compliments people can give me, is when I am told that I make them smile, am a joy to know, etc. I have been told there is something "about me" when people are around me and my laugh and smile are contageous. I am not sure what "it" is, I am just me, but I am glad to know that I can be a bright spot in someone's life.

Happy Reading!

Warmly,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment