Wednesday, July 26, 2017

An Ocean of Possibilities

Live, Laugh, Love



Dear Readers,

I have always loved being by water. Whether it be an ocean, a lake or just the Erie Canal, there is something calming about it. I recently had the opportunity to spend some time in St. Augustine with a dear PLN member and friend, Valerie. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for an amazing weekend filled with laughter, friendship and fun. 


I love words. I also love alliteration. One of my favorite phrases is "Live, Laugh, Love". It is a reminder that we cannot change the past, we do not know what the future holds, but today is a present, a gift that we must embrace and live to the fullest.

Live


Sitting on the beach, feeling the soft breeze and the warmth of the sun, while listening to the crash of the waves was amazing. I was truly living in the moment. I was not thinking about anything, but how wonderful it felt to be on the beach at that particular moment in time.

We must live the life we are meant to live. Regardless of what others think or say. As I sat here in paradise it made me reflect on my life. I may not have always made the choices or gone down the "traditional" path as others, but I own my choices and am happier today because of them.

I have been told I am quirky and beat to my own drum and I am proud of that. I embrace my uniqueness and independence. While it may not be for others, it is for me. Walking on the beach made me think of life. I can take the same path to the ocean each time of I can choose a different one. Each wave comes in at a different height and speed. Sometimes the tide is in or out. 

Life is like the ocean, sometimes it is calm and other times it is rough. Some days it is predictable and other times it is not. I have learned to embrace both the good and the bad, the positive and negative, the highs and lows.

Laugh


Valerie was kind enough to purchase an umbrella and chairs for our excursions to the beach. One of the funniest moments was when we tried to figure out how to comfortably sit in chairs made with cloth. We laughed hysterically as we kept getting folded up in the chairs until we figured out we had to open them just the right amount so when we sat, they did not fold up completely.

I have often been told my laugh is loud and contagious. In fact, sometimes people laugh at my laugh and not the story that caused it. My students frequently start laughing just because I am, they are not even sure what they are laughing about!

Sometimes we just need to let loose and laugh. Just be ourselves and have fun. The picture above is not one I would normally post, however when I took it I felt so carefree. No make-up, completely natural curls, a hat (which I never wear) and a sincere smile. In fact when I texted it to a few people the first thing they said was, "You look so happy."

We have to remember to laugh, a lot. It not only makes us feel good, but those around us as well. 

Love

Love can mean so many different things to different people. Who defines what love is? We do! It does not have to be the same from person to person. The important thing is to love and embrace life itself and all that it entails.


Love is a happy place.

I adored being in the middle of a large space just sitting in the water, listening to the waves around me. I loved looking out at the openness of the ocean and seeing nothing. It was like looking at endless possibilities. I loved being in this moment.


Love is coffee in the morning with an incredible view.

I never, ever get tired of looking at the ocean whether I am on the beach or inside. I thoroughly enjoyed my morning coffee while looking out on this gorgeous view. 


Love is spending time with friends and pets.

While in Florida I was able to meet long time PLN member and friend Sean and his dog Pete. I was even luckier when we went for a walk, all four of us. 

May you all live life to the fullest, laugh until your side hurts and love with all your heart.

Warmly,
Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment