Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March Book Madness

Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final 4......


Dear Readers,

My dear reading buddy, @kathyiwanicki, introduced me to March Book Madness this year and I have loved every minute of it!


Since we did not have time to read the books when I discovered this, we decided to have a little friendly class competition. I created the "rounds" on the wall with each participant's name on an index card. I then printed off brackets from the website (March Book Madness MG Novels ) and everyone filled out a bracket.

I also created a poster size bracket. A student wrote the names of all the titles on Post-Its so we could move them around. I wrote down the number of people who voted for each book as the tournament went on so we could see if the majority of us voted for the winners.

Additionally, we kept individual scores with the index cards. For each correct title, the participant received a point. On Wednesdays, we check the website to see what titles have moved on.

Even though we started a little late and did not read all the books (although some students had read a couple of titles or had heard of the books), it has still been a fantastic way to continue building our reading lives as an 8th grade Language & Literature Class. Now we are down to the final two!!!!!


I am so happy Kathy introduced this to me! I definitely plan on continuing this in the future! Happy reading everyone!

Warmly,
Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment