Wednesday, October 25, 2017

An Anonymous Coffee Thank You

My Heroes: First Responders


Dear Readers,

Exactly 12 years ago tomorrow morning my dad took his own life. My world was turned upside down and has never been the same again. I have always respected and admired first responders, but after that day, they are truly heroes to me.

They run into situations we run out of. They risk their lives to save others. They do not question or hesitate. They bravely and blindly walk into circumstances we could not even fathom.

I was heading into school early today and stopped at DD for coffee. I was turning right and someone was turning left so I got in line first. I hate doing that to people so I usually pay for their order. I happen to glance in my mirror and saw it was an ambulance.

What are the chances that today, of all days, a first responder would happen to pull in behind me? I paid for their beverage and unfortunately it was just a cup of coffee. I wish he or she would have ordered an entire breakfast.

Thank you. Thank you to the police officers and EMTs who were called to my dad's house that day. Thank you for being brave enough to enter the house and take care of things. Thank you for all you do for those you may never meet. Know you are appreciated.

Warmly,
Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment